Purpose and Scope
European Union Users
IF YOU REPRESENT AN ORGANIZATION, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO ENSURE THAT EACH MEMBER OF YOUR ORGANIZATION (INCLUDING EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS) ABOUT WHOM PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED TO Alpha Best ERP HAS GIVEN HIS OR HER EXPRESS CONSENT TO Alpha Best ERP’S PROCESSING OF SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Information Alpha Best ERP Gathers and Tracks
Customers and individuals who use the Applications are hereafter collectively called “Users”, or individually “User”. Customer Content and Users’ personal and corporate information are collectively called “Customer Information.” Alpha Best ERP collects and utilizes Customer Information as follows:
Registration: Each User must register, obtain a password, and be approved to use the Services. By registering, Users give at least the following data: name, company name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number.
Customer Information Tracking: Alpha Best ERP collects and tracks aggregate Customer Information regarding how Users use the Applications.
Contact between Users: When a User is working on a specific project with other Users, Users can share contact data among themselves. Otherwise, Users cannot obtain contact data of other Users or even discover who else is using the Applications.
Sharing of Customer Information: Alpha Best ERP may share aggregated demographic data with its partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any Customer Information that can be used to identify any individual User or any particular supplier or client of Customer.
Correcting/Updating Customer Information: If a User’s personally identifiable data or account data changes, User may enter the changes in the Accounts section of Alpha Best Engineering Limited’s Web Site.
We may collect information about our visitors, customers, page views, traffic patterns and related site and application information. This information helps us evaluate and improve our Applications and is sometimes useful for marketing and investment analysis. We may share this information with third parties, but only in aggregate statistical form that includes no personally identifying information.
Use of “Cookies”
Alpha Best ERP has used commercially reasonable efforts to design Alpha Best Engineering Limited’s Web Site, Applications and Customer’s Web Site to make sure that only authorized Users may obtain Customer Information about their projects. Users have a password that must be used each time a User logs-in to Alpha Best ERP’s Applications. Users may change their password at any time. Alpha Best ERP strongly urges Users not to share their passwords with others. Also, Alpha Best ERP strongly recommends that each User log-out completely after User is finished using Alpha Best ERP’s Applications. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure, and every system that allows online access is potentially vulnerable to outside attacks from unauthorized third parties. As a result, while Alpha Best ERP strives to protect Customer Information, Alpha Best ERP can’t and doesn’t guarantee or warrant the security of any Customer Information User transmits to Alpha Best ERP, and User does so entirely at User’s own risk.
We use reasonable security procedures to protect the information you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
The Services are designed partly for children. Therefore we are aware that we must be extra cautious when processing personal information. Most of our Services contain a children’s section (the “Children’s Area”) and a separate parents’ (or guardians’) section (the “Grown-Up Area”). In the Children’s Area, children mainly participate only by playing games, reading e-books and/or watching videos. We generally do not offer any place in the Children’s Area where a child can sign up or enter personal information themselves. Typically, the only part of the Services where anyone can enter personal information directly is the Grown-Up Area. Accordingly, in most cases, we do not anticipate that we will be collecting personal information directly from any children. We anticipate and assume that we will be collecting personal information only from parents or guardians.
If you are under the age of 13, you may only use the Services and provide personal information if you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
If we believe a child using the Services is under 13 we will not process any personal information of that child without the consent of the parent or guardian. If the user is 13 or over we will only collect and process personal information as the long as we believe the user understands what is involved.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following personal information:
• email address;
• country and other geolocation information;
• date of birth;
• password and other authentication information;
• responses to any customer satisfaction surveys or market research (unless these are provided anonymously);
• marketing preferences;
• children’s name(s);
• children’s date(s) of birth;
• any information you (or your child) submits as part of a competition; and
• information about your device (such as your IP address or other device identifier) and your (or your child’s) usage or the Services through cookies (and similar technologies) as further described below.
If you contact us with a complaint or query, we may keep a record of any phone number used to call our customer service team as well as the correspondence.
How and when we collect your/your children’s personal information
We may collect personal information from you when you/your children:
• participate in, access or sign up to any of the Services’ activities, online content, newsletters, or competitions;
• create an online account or fill in any other forms on the Services;
• contact our customer service teams or request information from us in any other way;
• respond to communications from us;
• participate in our customer satisfaction surveys or other market research; or
• communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies.
When you browse or otherwise use the Services, we will also collect certain information about your device and your use of the Services using cookies and similar technologies as further described below.
We will indicate where any personal information we have requested is mandatory or optional. Please note that if you decide not to provide certain information which we have indicated is mandatory, in some circumstances this may mean we are unable to provide you with a certain service or product.
We may also collect personal information about you from third party sources,
Our Applications may link to other web sites not controlled by Alpha Best ERP. Although we try to be careful in the selection of our strategic service and technology partners, we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites, and you acknowledge and agree that any use of such other web sites is entirely at your own risk. You should carefully review the privacy and security practices of the other web sites before you provide such web sites with any of your personal information.
Links to Other Sites: Users may find links from the Alpha Best ERP Application to independently owned, controlled and/or managed web sites whose content Alpha Best ERP believes will be of possible interest and value to our Users. Additionally, Users may see links from advertisers, sponsors and other partners that may use Alpha Best ERP’s logo as part of a co-branding agreement.
Although your privacy is very important to us, due to the existing legal, regulatory, technical and security environment, we cannot fully ensure, nor do we represent or warrant, that your private communications and other personal information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be required to disclose your personal information to the government or other third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Additionally, in the unlikely event we need to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you (including personal information) to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate. In all instances, we will cooperate fully when required by law to provide information regarding visitors.
Feedback; Removal from Contact List
If you have a question or comment about the Alpha Best Web Site and/or Applications, or wish to update your contact information or be removed from our contact list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer of Information
How we may use your/your children’s personal information We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your/your children’s personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide our Services, activities or online content and to provide information about our Services, activities and online content which may be tailored to your/your children’s individual tastes;
• to contact prize winners of competitions;
• to identify you/your child as the winner of a particular competition;
• to send out newsletters you/your children have subscribed to;
• to provide you/your children with services that you request;
• for system administration purposes and for internal operations (including troubleshooting, data analysis, and testing) to ensure the Services operate properly;
• to distinguish you from other users (for example to remember your log-in details);
• to analyse your use of the Services to improve the user experience and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
• to notify you of any changes to the Services;
• to provide customer support and ensure we provide a good level of customer service;
• where you have given us your consent or we are otherwise permitted by law, to contact you/your children (including by e-mail) with products and services which we think may interest you/your children – you can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time;
• where you have given your consent, to pass your personal information to selected third parties for marketing purposes; and
• for geo-based redirection (so that if you see the correct version of the Services depending on the country from which you are accessing the Services);
• for security and fraud prevention;
• to ensure that our Services are safe and secure; and
• to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also collect information about visitors to and users of the Services for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes.
Legal basis for processing your personal information We will only process your/your child’s personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use the personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
• Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
• Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively as a provider of children’s content and related services, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your or your child’s privacy and other rights.
• Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
Where we store your personal information The personal information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in Europe.
How we keep your personal information We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised.
Where we have collected personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information. However, please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
Do we share personal information with any third parties? We may share your personal information within our group of companies (i.e. our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
We may share your (or your child’s) personal information with our marketing vendor/data processor, who hosts the Services and stores all associated data on our behalf, and sends out certain e-mails on our behalf.
If a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your/your children’s personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your/your children’s personal information where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency. We may also disclose personal information to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction) or where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency.
We may also use technologies such as tag, pixels or web beacons. These are objects embedded in a web page or email and are usually invisible to the user but allows checking that a user has viewed the page or email. The site may also use “local shared objects”, also known as “flash cookies”. These are pieces of data that websites which use certain video players may store on your computer, such as game preferences or game progress.
Security We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that we hold about you and regularly review our security measures to consider new technologies and methods, to safeguard your data. Please note that no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure and we consequently cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that we receive over the Internet.
You must keep your password and any other authentication information for the Services confidential. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password or any other authentication information, you must promptly notify us using the contact details below.
Your rights You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please conduct us using the contact details below.
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority (such as the UK Information Commissioner’s Office) if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details below) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
Please note, the email address above is for privacy related queries only. For other queries please use the following email addresses:
For any technical issues: email@example.com For any general queries: firstname.lastname@example.org